Sunday, February 21, 2010

From aatombomb:

That “nothing” was on full display this afternoon, when I got to ask Maggie Gallagher the question I’ve always wanted to ask her: What do you think that am I supposed to do with my life?

Suppose I found myself in agreement with her. Suppose I concluded that same-sex marriage was corrosive to society. Do I leave my husband? Do I send my adopted daughter back to the state? Enter ex-gay therapy, which isn’t likely to work? Tell my whole family that I’m single now, and that Scott shouldn’t be welcome at family events? Live my whole life alone, and loveless? Hide? Where is the life I’m supposed to live?

I probably wasn’t so articulate at the Cato event, but I do recall Gallagher’s very simple answer: “I don’t know.”

Riveting stuff. Maggie Gallagher is the clearest and most dangerous representation of what we as gay people face as a politically active community in this country. She is smart, charming, and clearly has the courage of her convictions. She is, in a word, the Enemy. And she must be defeated.

No comments:

Post a Comment