Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I have a great Congresswoman...Thank you Mrs Matsui!

Congresswoman Doris O. Matsui




October 5, 2010


Dr. Daniel C. Orey


Sacramento, California 95821

Dear Daniel:


Thank you for contacting me to express your support for the Student Non-Discrimination Act (H.R. 4530). I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue.


You will be pleased to know that I am a cosponsor of H.R. 4530.  As you know, this legislation would prohibit public schools from discriminating against a student on the basis of his or her sexual orientation or gender identity. It would provide the federal departments and agencies with the authority to suspend educational assistance to institutions that violate these requirements. 


H.R. 4530 was introduced in the House on January 27, 2010 and referred to the House Committee on Education and Labor, where it is pending further action. Please know that as a member of the Congressional LGBT Equality Caucus, I have continuously supported efforts that seek to promote civil rights and encourage equality, and I will persist in working with my colleagues towards equal rights for all Americans.  Additionally, I will be sure to keep your support in mind should H.R. 4530 come up for a vote on the floor of the House of Representatives. 


Thank you once again for taking the time to share your views with me regarding the Student Non-Discrimination Act. To learn more about my work in Congress, or to sign up for periodic e-mail updates, please visit my website at www.house.gov/matsui



                    Sincerely,
         
                    DORIS O. MATSUI
                    Member of Congress

No comments:

Post a Comment