Friday, August 24, 2012

Via JMG: NEW YORK: Bullied Bus Monitor Karen Klein Launches Anti-Bullying Foundation


You may recall that over $700,000 flooded into an internet account set up as a "vacation fund" for New York bus monitor Karen Klein after she was seen being brutally bullied by students on a viral cell video. This is what she's doing with some of the money:
My story inspired more than 32,000 people to engage in their own act of love by donating to a fundraising campaign created by Max for my support. As you probably know, together we raised a lot more money than what I needed to go on vacation. 32,000 people around the world raised $703,873 for my behalf. It has changed my life forever. Now, I am not only going on vacation, but I am able to retire and take care of my family. You have all inspired me by your acts of love. But now it is time for me to give back and to turn your single act of kindness into my own personal movement to stop bullying in America. The Karen Klein Anti-Bullying Foundation, which I am seeding with $100,000, will be the gathering point for millions of people to support the anti-bullying movement. Together, we will change the world.
(Image via Buzzfeed)


reposted from Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment