Thursday, August 2, 2012

Via Tricycle Daily Dharma:

Tricycle Daily Dharma August 2, 2012

Deep Listening, Deep Loving

Our training begins with learning first to listen to ourselves until we know our deepest aspirations, shortcomings, sufferings, and joys. Next, we must learn to listen deeply to our partner and family. Right speech prompts us to ask our loved ones: 'What could I do to make you happier?' and then to listen to the reply without judging or reacting. Right speech prompts us to say, 'Thank you for being here for me. Your presence enriches my life. Please tell me how I can love you better.'
- Sister True Virtue, "The Fourth Precept: Right Speech"
Read the entire article in the Tricycle Wisdom Collection through August 4th, 2012
For full access at any time, become a Tricycle Community Supporting or Sustaining Member

Read Article

No comments:

Post a Comment