Thus, the Buddha has said we should reflect daily upon these five recollections.
- I am of the nature to age.
I have not gone beyond aging.
- I am of the nature to sicken.
I have not gone beyond sickness.
- I am of the nature to die.
I have not gone beyond dying.
- All that is mine, beloved and pleasing, will become otherwise, will become separated from me.
- I am the owner of my karma,
Heir to my karma,
Born of my karma,
Related to my karma,
Abide supported by my karma.
Whatever karma I shall do, for good or for ill, of that I will be the heir.