Sunday, May 24, 2020

Via Ram Dass - Love Serve Remember Foundation // Words of Wisdom - May 24, 2020 💌




"One day I was sitting in a motel in middle America, and it was one of those really plastic Holiday Inn type places, and I had arrived and I went into my room and I sat down and set up my little puja table and you know, all that stuff. Moving the menu and stuff, and it was kind of depressing, and I thought, 'Well, a few more weeks and I'll be done with this tour and I can go home.' And then I saw the pain that that thought was creating for me.

So I got up and I walked out of the room, closed the door, walked down the hall, turned around, came back, unlocked the door and yelled, 'I’m home!' And I came in and I sat down, and I looked and, you know, I wouldn’t have decorated particularly this way, but what the hell, you know? I thought, if I’m not at home in the universe, boy, I got a problem. If I say, 'I can only be home here, not there.'

What is home? Home is where the heart is. Home is the quality of presence. It’s the quality of being wherever you are."

- Ram Dass -

No comments:

Post a Comment