Thursday, June 25, 2009

My Congresswoman is the best!

From the Office of Congresswoman Matsui
Congresswoman Doris O. Matsui [imaca051@mail.house.gov]
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2009 2:27 PM
To:

June 25, 2009

Dr. Daniel C. Orey


Sacramento, California

Dear Daniel:

Thank you for contacting me regarding your support of H.R.1024, the Uniting American Families Act of 2009. I appreciate hearing from you on this important piece of legislation.

The Uniting American Families Act amends current immigration law to afford homosexual couples the same immigration rights currently enjoyed by heterosexual couples. By defining adults in committed, intimate relationships as "permanent partners," the legislation extends the rights currently available to legally married individuals to all life-long partners, regardless of sexual orientation. You will be pleased to know that I am an original co-sponsor of this important piece of legislation aimed at eliminating discriminatory provisions within our immigration laws, and that I will continue to advocate for equality among all people.

H.R. 1024 was introduced on February 12, 2009, and has been referred to the House Judiciary Committee's Subcommittee on Immigration, Citizenship, Refugees, Border Security, and International Law, where it is pending further action. As a co-sponsor of the legislation, I will keep your thoughts in mind should the legislation reach the House floor for a vote.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding this important piece of legislation. To learn more about my work in Congress, or to sign up for periodic e-mail updates, please visit my website at www.house.gov/matsui.


Sincerely,

DORIS O. MATSUI
Member of Congress

Note: Please do not respond directly to this e-mail. To serve my constituents most effectively, I have dedicated a portion of my website to constituent e-mails. To write me, please visit http://matsui.house.gov/email.asp.

No comments:

Post a Comment