Sunday, August 27, 2023

Via Ram Dass - Love Serve Remember Foundation \\ Words of Wisdom - August 27, 2023 💌

 

"There was a period of time when I used to have a picture of myself on my puja table. People would come and say, 'My god, what an ego this guy has.' But really, it was a chance for me to practice opening my heart to myself... and to appreciate the predicament I am in. I mean, I could see the whole incarnation. If I am quiet enough, I can see the story line of the guy in that picture.

It's about finding a place from within yourself where you can see the unfolding of law. Dad did this; Mother did this; economics did this; education did this; opportunity did this; drugs did this; Maharajji did this.

When you look at yourself as a set of phenomena, what is there to judge? Is this flower less than that flower? It's just different. You begin to appreciate your uniqueness without it being better or worse. This is cultivating an appreciation of uniqueness rather than preference.

- Ram Dass -

No comments:

Post a Comment