Sunday, August 7, 2022

Via Ram Dass - Love Serve Remember Foundation // Words of Wisdom - August 7, 2022 💌

 



As one cultivates more and more of the levels of the strudel, then one sees the whole level of interpersonal relationships as just one level. When I first started to awaken, I would come home to visit my family and my father would say to me, “Do you have a job?”

He didn’t ask me if I was the Buddha, or if I was enlightened. I would get very angry at him because he had caught me in a place where he made the plane real, and I said, “I cannot stay around my family, they bring me down.” Later when I would come home more strong in my faith and inner connections.

My father would ask me the same questions, and I would, in the quietness of my being, appreciate his concern and the worldview that he held without becoming reactive, and so my response would not be reactive, and it responded instead to the deeper connection that we had, and it would open the dialogue in a new way.

It is up to the most conscious person in the situation to break the chain of reactivity.  - Ram Dass


 

No comments:

Post a Comment