Monday, February 7, 2022

Via Ram Dass - Love Serve Remember Foundation // Words of Wisdom - February 6, 2022 💌

 
 

It’s interesting to observe your own reaction when change presents itself in life.   

It may be an economic change in your circumstances, it may be a change in the way you spend your life. A lot of people, as their children grow, have an opportunity to change their lives, but they have such strong habits in how they’ve always done things and who they’ve always been, that they get frightened at the freedom to change when an opportunity presents itself.    

Up until now, they justified their existence by what their karma commitments are; “I have to be this way,” and I would say that doesn’t have to be the case. They don’t have to wait for their kids to grow up, because that waiting becomes their daily routine.    

How much of who I was yesterday is defining who I am today? How much can I allow who I am today to be totally open and tuning and responding to the situation, which includes everything I was yesterday, but also all that I will be tomorrow?  

- Ram Dass

No comments:

Post a Comment