Sunday, December 5, 2021

IN-PERSON and Online: Sunday meditation and practice talk: Com Muito Gratidão! with Daniel Orey (Zen) August 8

A Practice Talk I gave @ SBMG in August

August 8 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm

Com Muito Gratidão!

Practice Talks by sangha members give us an opportunity to learn how we are arriving at this point of our lives and our practice.

Daniel has been a member of SBMG for over 15 years, and currently serves on Scheduling Committee, while living and working in Ouro Preto, Brazil. . He is a university professor of Mathematics.

We will end with a Melvin Escobar-inspired Metta:

Meditation
Here is a typical series of metta contemplations you can practice, reciting them three times as you change the subject of your prayer from “I” to “you” to “all.” But feel free to create your own or adapt these to resonate with your own experience.

May (I/you/all beings) be safe and protected, free from inner and outer harm.
May (I/you/all) be happy.
May (my/your/everyone’s) body support the practice of loving awareness.
May (I/you/all) be free from ill-will, affliction, and anxiety.
May (I/you/everyone) love (myself/yourself/themselves) as (I am/you are/they are).
May (I/you/all) be happy and free from suffering.
May (I/you/all) find peace in an uncertain world.
May (I/you/all) find ease on the middle path between attachment and apathy.

When you lose concentration, simply and kindly return to your phrases. Try not to judge the judgments that inevitably arise. Meet each moment with unstoppable friendliness. May you be inspired by the transformative potential of this practice.

Via Melvin Escovar

Sunday Night Sit Online Schedule:
6:25 Zoom opens
6:30 Welcome and announcements
6:45 Meditation
7:20 Break
7:30 Dharma talk
8:30 Closing bell



 Make the jump here to listen to the talk

No comments:

Post a Comment