Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Via Ram Dass - Love Serve Remember Foundation // Words of Wisdom - October 9, 2024 💌


"When my biological mother was dying back in a hospital in Boston in 1966, I would watch all the people come into her room. All of the doctors and relatives would say, 'You are looking better, you are doing well.' And then they would go out of the room and say, 'She won’t last a week.' I thought how bizarre it was that a human being could be going through one of the most profound transitions in their life, and have everyone they know, and love, and trust lying to them.

Can you hear the pain of that? No one could be straight with my mother because everyone was too frightened. Even the rabbi. Everyone. She and I talked about it and she said, 'What do you think death is?' And I said, 'I don’t know, Mother. But I look at you and you are my friend, and it looks like you are in a building that is burning down, but you are still here. I suspect when the building burns entirely, it will be gone, but you will still be here.' So my mother and I just met in that space.'

- Ram Dass -

 
>> Want to dive deeper with Ram Dass? Click Here to Receive a Daily Wisdom Text from Ram Dass & Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment